Sunday, January 10, 2010

Moderation Is Key - Except When It's Steamed

I have been motivated by the "Half Ton Teen" (that's kinda unfair, but I think about him a lot) and by my own desire to live better and have set the goal to lose the last twenty pounds or so that I still carry from my "previous life". Having been fat for many, many years, I really didn't think that I could look different. From that moment when I was eight and realized I could fit more than any little boy should, I formed terrible habits, thinking that it was food - food is food is food. It's uneducated and ignorant to think so.
California offers a lot of healthy options - healthy examples, but those ideals are available outside the state! I know that eating well, and taking in fewer calories than I burn off with exercise, I will burn fat. It's science. Your body needs fuel to burn fat in a healthy way. That means keeping your body working by snacking on nuts and drinking lots of water throughout the day - I am admitting to you all, now, that I drink TOO MUCH coffee and I am going to make a fervent effort to stop doing so. Water flushes your system, it helps your skin, it is readily available and delicious. Let's all drink a gallon a day, huh? Get yourself a steel water-bottle (eco-friendly alternative to countless plastic bottles) and drink five a day. Mmmm, it's soooo good.
Further, in my effort to be able to see my abs for the first time in my life, I will document what I do to alter my diet and what I replace some things with. I already gave you one - nuts. I know, that's what she said, whatever, but they're awesome and best in the bulk isle. I buy "Tamari Roasted Almonds" which have a little soy sauce roasted with the almonds. They are delicious, zero effort, and easy to have around. Another is protein and vegetable usage. I don't eat A LOT of meat - I may have some friends wondering who the hell is typing this because it sure-as-hell couldn't actually be me saying that - I used to live for the hamburger, now I want something that fills me up and makes me feel good afterward. I am running everyday, going further everyday, while intermittently incorporating P90-X workouts (especially Abs). I have another blog where I recounted my attempts to complete P90 in so many days. It didn't work so good. I lost focus hard-core, kept eating better, but hardly worked out at all. It's a funny read if you have the time - believe me - it's pretty short.

Since I am running, doing weight training and making my muscles "confused", so says Tony Horton of P90-X, I want to make sure that I eat whatever my body needs to rebuild and continue to progress while also dropping fat. SO, mornings: steel cut oats/Kashi mini wheats/eggs/spinach, turkey sandwich for lunch, and light carb dinner. Tonight and previous nights I have had pan-seared chicken tenders and steamed vegetables. I try to use salt as little as possible but use Cajun seasoning almost blindly. I grabbed some organic baby carrots, cauliflower and spinach and steamed them all, tossed that in the pan with the cooked chicken and BAM - delicious and filling. While I say I have not been eating meat very often, I eat cheese in it's place - like most vegetarians in the world - so I have to give my beloved cheese up for a while to achieve my goal by March 5, 2009. It's gonna happen, dates just help, you know?

Here's to 2010 being the best year of our lives - achieving our goals, excelling in what we love and accepting our bodies potential and ability to love us back.

I don't have any pictures to visually depict what I'm writing about today - sorry if you're disappointed. Go eat some nuts...in and around your mouth. -Walter

1 comment:

  1. I would rather be steamed than exposed to such radical and controversial blogs...

    ReplyDelete